Wednesday, February 15, 2006

41 weeks 2 days: We think the fun has begun...

...hopefully, this is not a false alarm, in which case we will hang our heads in shame tomorrow, as the internet laughs at us.

The doctor stripped my membranes this afternoon at about 1:30. I had a non stress test after that, and everything seemed good. We set up appointments for Friday and Monday, with an induction on Tuesday.

However, at about 5 pm, we think my water broke. I stood up from the couch to let the dogs in, and felt a gushy feeling in my pants. I headed to the bathroom and felt a gloopy mass move out of my hoo-ha and into the toilet. It has been followed by various squirts, leaks and gushes.

Contractions began at about 7 pm and are now approximately 8-10 minutes apart. Right now, he feels like he is trying to crawl out my ass.

We called the doctor, who said to stay put until morning, or things change. I think he just wanted to eat dinner, watch Idol and the Olympics and go on vacation, thus pawning us off on his partner.

That's OK, though. The doctor we talked to is the Garfunkle of the practice. It's great to have Simon and Garfunkle nearby, but who would choose Garfunkle when they have the opportunity to see Simon??

The good news is that Dyke Two finally finished packing her stuff into the hospital bag.

2 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger M. said...

Oh my gosh...this is it finally. Wishing you a great birth experience.

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Whoo Hoo! I'm glad things are finally underway.

By now you are probably holding your little bundle in your arms.

Mazel Tov!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home