Sunday, June 05, 2005

LMP 4 weeks, 6 days and counting

We have only told a few people: Dyke Two told two of her workfriends, we told her best friends in NY, the gayboys, my mom and the education association staff member I work closely with. We also told two of our friends who are due on December 31. We are all so excited to have another gay couple to experience this with.

I think it is still not quite real to me. I have been nauseated off and on for the past week. I keep feeling this nagging twinge in my left side that makes me scared it is an ectopic pregnancy.

We have our first ultrasound on June 20, as well as our first appointment, with the CNM at the practice. Then, we will see the doctors for the rest of the pregnancy, though I will probably have to switch doctors at about the 4 month mark when my insurance changes.

We are planning to tell my father and stepmother after the ultrasound on the 20th, and will then make it more general knowledge to our friends and family.

I went for a swim yesterday, and it felt really good to be back in the water. I was asleep at 9:15, which makes like five days out of seven in bed and asleep before 10. As a typical night owl, this feels weird.

I am trying to get through the last of my school work. I have spent the last couple hours on paperwork, and anticipate being at work late tomorrow and Tuesday as well.

I have heard a rumor that our Field Day, which was cancelled on Friday, might be re-scheduled for tomorrow (the last day of school for the kids). Since the weather is still iffy, the principal is planning to make it a surprise.

If I have to spend five hours out in the sun tomorrow, a couple more people might know about little Red, since I am afraid I will get sick, dizzy, dehydrated, etc.

Still no signs of spotting or bad cramping, so I guess Red is in for the long haul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home