Tuesday, May 10, 2005

What is this in my pants??

I had a bit of a meltdown when I went to the bathroom and realized that I was already having egg white cervical mucus. I am very afraid that I will ovulate before we get the sperm on Friday. I am also worried that the snafu that I am now untangling with my doctor's office will prevent us from getting the sperm in time. (It turns out that the sperm bank and I misunderstood each other, and the doctor thinks that I have to fill out part of the authorization form, so he mailed it to me on Friday. This is compounded by the fact that I forgot to give them my new address so it has to be forwarded to me which will delay it further).

When I discovered this, I started a journal entry about this but lost it by mistake, and it is interesting to read the difference between my thoughts in panic mode and my thoughts now. My last entry attempt started with the sentence, "Well, we're going to have to sit this cycle out." Isn't it amazing how much your outlook can change when you short-circuit the catastrophic thinking loop?

Dyke Two and I have come to terms with the fact that it might not line up for this month and we are OK with it. We did, however, pick up needleless syringes and Instead cups on Friday night, and we ordered a speculum this evening. (actually six).

Who knew that the Good Vibrations website sold speculums for $4 a pop, in addition to lube and adult toys?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home