Monday, January 09, 2006

36 weeks: Hibernation has set in...

I have literally been sleeping for 12 hours a day. Every day. I feel like I am back in high school, but then it was only on weekends. Perhaps it is the massive amounts of sleep, but I am feeling pretty good. I have been fighting off migraines for the past three weeks, but they are at a point where they are annoying, but not debilitating. Dyke Two came back from a doctor's appointment this morning with fresh flowers and donuts for me. Her doctor gave her a good bill of health in every way but her weight. I am at a loss as to how to help her get over the hurdle of beginning to lose the weight. I suggested that she call her old therapist and get suggestions for a new therapist or coach who might be able to give her a tune up. The flowers and donuts were so thoughtful. I didn't have the heart to tell her that the flowers set off my headache, so they have to stay out of the bedroom...

I did a news interview yesterday for our local station, talking about how the anti-gay bills that have been introduced to the legislature will affect me and Dyke Two. I think the reporter was ready to cream himself when I told him that we had gotten married in July in Toronto, and that I was 36 weeks pregnant. Then I got pissed at the station, because they used footage of a drag queen throughout the story on civil unions and marriage. I politely told them in an email that drag queens are a celebrated and well-loved part of gay entertainment, but have little to do with a story on gay families and partnerships.

I have been going back and forth with my advisor about my prelim exam. He is being less than helpful, and not at all forthcoming about expectations and requirements. He won't tell me if he will approve the topic for my paper, he won't tell me his availability to schedule the actual event, and he told me to just find out everyone else's availability for the meeting, but won't give me a timeframe. I would attribute it to anger about me being pregnant, but he told me that he was like this way back when we met in August. I didn't tell him until October that I was pregnant, so I guess we can attribute it to him just being an ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home