Friday, September 09, 2005

18 weeks 4 days: Life Continues

It has been so long since I posted anything here. Let's see...

Dyke Two and I did the four miler race for breast cancer last weekend. We both walked it. I came in at 67 minutes and Dyke Two came in at 73 minutes. It was amazing to see her, crying as she crossed the finish line, with everyone cheering for her. As I watched her, I knew that she was only 14 months from a stroke that the doctors still don't know why didn't kill her. It was so inspiring to see her push past her fear of her body letting her down because she wanted to make a change for me and the baby. The awesome thing is that she finished 15 minutes faster than we were anticipating. I am so proud of her!!!

My classes are going well. I am able to do most of my work from 9-5 during the week so I have my evenings and weekends for myself. I am going to get very frustrated with some of the worldviews of some of my classmates. It is clear that they do not understand the needs and experiences of people who are different from them. For the most part, my professors have been more open-minded, though one of them made a joke in class yesterday that was very insensitive to the GLBT community, transgendered people in particular. I am still debating whether or not I should point it out to him.

Dyke Two had an appointment with her cardiologist this morning, and the doctor gave her a clean bill of health. No heart muscle damage, no blockages right near her heart. If she will just lose the weight, she will be considered low risk again. Now, we just need to get serious about the diet.

i need her around for as long as possible...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home