Wednesday, January 10, 2007

No wonder I'm tired...

I can't even remember if I mentioned it before, but, thanks to 3 weeks of diarrhea and/or vomiting, Bigfella lost weight throughout the month of December. At his 9 month appointment at the end of November, he weighed 21 pounds, 7 ounces. December 4 he weighed in at 22 pounds, 1 ounce. December 28th, he weighed 21 pounds, 2 ounces. I guess all that puking and crapping took its toll. Since then, he has been nursing and eating like a bottomless pit. He will literally nurse all day if I let him. And the boy can eat: crackers, chicken, rice, broccoli, rice cakes. He shovels them down and kicks his feet in happiness. His favorite meal is a handful of Puffins cereal (the original kind, thankyouverymuch) and chunks of banana. The only way to make the meal more enjoyable is if I am seated topless next to him and he can lean over between bites and do a quick kegstand. For the last two weeks, my nipples have felt like we were back in the newborn days. The thrush probably didn't help much, and neither did the teething.

But, I digress. We were at the doctor on Monday. Bigfella's ears were clear--finally! We got a prescription for Nystatin for the thrush. And, we had an official weighin: 22 pounds 12 ounces. The boy gained 1 pound 10 ounces in 10 days.

No wonder I felt like we time warped back to the newborn stage...

1 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How's the thrush?

Nystatin didn't do it for us; I'm on day 5 of diflucan and Dr Newman's APNO, and I am feeling like a new woman. A very happy and 95% pain free new woman. (One bad crack is still healing.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home