Thursday, December 28, 2006

Mary Cheney



I was all set to talk about Mary Cheney and her uterus. How mixed my emotions are about her having a baby. How pissed I am at the right wing nut jobs for villifying her. How much I hope she and her partner decide to use their power and influence to help further second parent adoption in their home state.

But, I got new shoes today. I love new shoes. When I was a kid, I always wore them out of the store, putting my old smelly, worn out shoes into the shoebox. My new shoes would feel so good. I always thought I ran faster in my new shoes, and could jump higher. I would dance and do karate kicks through the store because my new shoes gave me super powers. New shoes give me a confidence nothing else gives me, except maybe new glasses. Unlike any other new apparel, shoes don't make you look fat. But, the same pair of jeans look so much better with my new shoes than they did with my dirty, sloppy old ones...

When I bought my new shoes today, the salesman didn't ask if I wanted to wear them out of the store. He just boxed them back up and gave me the box. I carried them out of the store and into both the health food store and CVS.

When Dyke Two and I got back in the car, I changed into my new shoes so I could wear them when we picked up Bigfella. I haven't taken them off yet.

Did I mention how much I love new shoes?

3 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Blogger J said...

I have those (different colors) and they are the most comfortable shoes, ever.

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Fun post... I enjoyed the realization that new shoes are a more interesting topic than Mary Cheney.

I tried on a new pair of shoes in early december and put my old ones in the box- asking at the sales counter to wear the new ones out of the store... I have never in my 33 years done that before and it felt GREAT!

life's simple pleasures, right?

 
At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, am tired of hearing about Mary, but was delighted to read about (and see) such a cool pair of shoes. I hope they're as comfy as they look!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home