Wednesday, October 11, 2006

So, explain this one to me...

I am TAing a class on Tuesdays. The class meets from 4 to 7 pm, so each week, we have different students bring snacks.

Two weeks ago, the snack included Double Stuff Oreos. Double Stuff Oreos are milk, egg and soy free. I tore into that double stuff goodness and ate and ate and ate. Until I realized I had to speak to 30 people afterwards. And that Oreos make your teeth look like you've been eating dirt. So, I spent the next 20 minutes trying to get the oreo crumbs out of my teeth.

This week, the snack included (non-double stuff) Oreos. Plain Oreos are milk and egg free. But, the white creme filling is soybean shortening. I sadly put the plain oreos back on the table and ate Pretzels. At least my teeth didn't look like I was eating dirt.

1 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Blogger Pixie said...

WOW! I canNOT believe I haven't known about this glory. I am going to the store immediately after work today and I'll bet you anything my child will want to call you himself and thank you!
He has dairy/soy allergy...and he ALWAYS misses out on the good stuff... At least he really doesn't know that Rice Ice Cream is actually NOT that good...
BUT OREOS! yeah! YEAH!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home