Saturday, December 09, 2006

Can you see where this is going?

Bigfella's been sick. Long story short: finals week. 104 temperature. Urgent care appointment with pediatrician Monday night. Double ear infection and bronchitis. Prescription Augmentin. No daycare. Extensions received in all classes. Two moms also fighting off the same crud.

So, Tuesday night, Bigfella finally went to sleep in the rocking chair and I laid him down in the crib. We went to bed, and woke up a few hours later to him crying. Bleary eyed, I staggered into his bedroom and picked him up. The arms of his pajamas were wet, but I didn't bother to turn on the light because I assumed the wet was from snot or tears as he cried.

I brought him into our room, and didn't turn on the light.

I nursed him, and didn't turn on the light.

He snuggled in and tried to sleep. I didn't turn on the light.

Dyke Two mumbled, as he burrowed next to her, "His pajamas are damp" but we didn't turn on the light.

Anyone know where this is going? Anyone? The clues are antibiotics, wet pajamas, no lights.

I woke up the next morning, and noticed that the wet spots were brownish colored. (I see the lightbulbs above your heads clicking on, dear readers).

Yep, we'd co-slept with a 9 month old who was coated with antibiotic induced diarrhea for 5 hours.

2 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, Blogger Hope and Megan said...

I was convinced you were either going to say that he was coughing up blood or had puked all over himself.

Sorry about the poo. We've had a lot of antibiotic poops around here as well. Not fun...

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Jody said...

Puke is more distinctive, I think.

I once left daughter #2 lying in dried puke because I thought the aroma was lingering scent from daughter #1.

And I bet I slept with poop myself, although the days are mercifully too blurred for me to be certain.

I hope you're all feeling better soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home