Tuesday, April 11, 2006

10 things I learned this weekend

1. Playing soccer for the first time after taking off 10 months to have a baby makes you hurt. Bad.

2. The pain is not worse than what you feel recovering from pushing said 10 pound baby out.

3. It is possible to melt a breast pump if you let the water boil out while sterilizing it.

4. Medela makes really nifty bags for sterilizing breastpumps in the microwave.

5. Bigfella, if properly swaddled, will sleep for 7 straight hours in his crib without waking up.

6. After 7 hours without breastfeeding, I wake up in a puddle with leaky boulders attached to my chest.

7. Melted breastpumps can't be used to relieve engorgement.

8. Bummi Super Whisper Wraps work better on linebacker Bigfella than Proraps.

9. sunshine diapers is having a sale on Bummi Super Whisper Wraps.

10. When taking Bigfella to a black tie dinner, no one will notice what you are wearing, because they will all be focused on his cute little shoes.

3 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Blogger Shelli said...

7 hours! I hate you! :)

Our little 19 pound, 4 months old cherub will sleep for 5 hours straight, and then mini wake-ups once an hour for about 3 more hours. Even when swaddled.

sigh.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Dyke One said...

7 hours happens occasionally, 6 is more common. But, once he is awake, I snatch him up, plant him on the breast and bring him immediately into our bed. No lights turned on, no talking, no diaper change. We lie there, nursing, until he falls back asleep. Usually for another 2-4 hours, though since I am lying there, breasts exposed to the world, he keeps eating during that 2-4 hour early morning stretch.

That is the beauty of breastfeeding a reflux-free baby.

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Northwoods Baby said...

I've been swaddling AMP and the biggest difference I notice is that he shuts up. I swear he talks more than I do. I just tend to do most of my yapping when I'm awake.

-Bad Mommy who doesn't sterilize her pump parts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home