Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Desperate Times, Desperate Measures

We went to dinner last weekend with some very good friends who drove into town to meet Bigfella. As we were driving across town, we have this conversation:

Dyke Two: Do you have any lip balm?

Me: No, but my lips are really chapped.

Dyke Two: Mine too. What's in the diaper bag?

Me: hand lotion, hand sanitizer, diaper wipes, and the butt salve.

Dyke Two: What's in the butt stuff?

Me (reading from the tin): olive oil, beeswax, chickweed, plantain, comfrey, and calendula.

Dyke Two: Can we put it on our lips?

Me: It says it can be used for dry skin. I guess we could.

Dyke Two: You can't tell anyone we did this.



Let me just defend our actions a little bit:

1. We haven't actually had to put it on Bigfella yet, so it was a new, virgin tin of salve.

2. It really, really looks and feels like a tin of all-natural lip balm.

3. Breastfeeding has really dried me out. I mean really dried me out.

1 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! Good thing you didn't tell anyone you did that (only the whole internet!)

Nice to 'meet' you... I noticed someone clicked through from your site to mine so I wanted to come check you out (not in THAT way, but really - am I pretty? if you weren't attached, would you, you know, flirt with me? - kidding).

I'll be back... I love how your blog roll is called 'methods of procrastination'. Don't I know it, sister... This damn blogging thing, well, it used to be that blogging got in the way of doing work and now work is in the way of doing my blogging.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home