Friday, June 30, 2006

...And We're Done.

Not only is the class done, but, our days of leisurely meals, long walks with the stroller or carrier, extended periods of time for reading, and, even taking showers, doing laundry and loading and unloading the dishwasher are done. It's true: Bigfella is now mobile. No, he's not crawling at 4 months, but he is rolling. And, his rolling is with purpose and intentionality. And, more frighteningly, his rolling is actually an after effect of the true purpose and intentionality. Bigfella ends up on his back after working hard to get his knees under him to crawl. Or, when lying on his back, he swings his legs up in the air, brings them down firmly, and lifts his rear end off the ground in an attempt to sit or stand. Apparently, the boy has places to go and things to do, and, the writing on the wall is that his skills are improving each day. He won't sit in the stroller because he wants to work on his movements. The stroller, carrier, even our laps, is cramping his style and reigning him in from exploring the world and his own kinesthetic self.

But, the class is done. Now I just need to figure out how to write a paper about the experience and send it to the professor. I think that there is a real article in there, so I need to figure out how to write my reaction paper for him, and then expand it and make it more generalized and global, as well as polish it with the hopes that there might be a publishable piece in all this rambling...

1 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger party b said...

I apologize for my silence... in addition to being a bit overwhelmed I don't know exactly what to say. I have a middle-class white girl child and truthfully have so many differing thoughts about what that means to me, will mean to her, means to the world... I think about how our children would interact... what I want her to know... what I wish others knew about her...

Truthfully - you put so much out there for me to think about... and I am not feeling very coherent. I have a blog entry rambling around in my head because you got me thinking but I don't really trust myself until I am off the narcotics... but thinking, still thinking! We need to keep talking about this stuff - it's the issue (cuz I think they are all interrelated) that will not go away until we grapple with it...

Not shaking my head - just thinking :-) Thanks for making me think!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home